Delighted Monday! We’re back with 10 factors! So, the 1st 10 random stream of consciousness points as they come to head today–ready–go!
10 Issues 10.31
1. We’re heading trick or managing with buddies tonight!
(Our to start with time trick or treating, obviously June was much too young final yr!) Not confident if the rain will keep off or how extensive we will final. June has equally a bat and a bunny costume–here’s a image of her bat costume above. 🥰 We may modify into the bunny later–we shall see!
2. A sweet good friend dropped off two candles from this area Chicago candle firm (she’s on Etsy!) as a gift–the “Midwest” (like a pumpkin-y vanilla scent) and “Provence” (amber + lavender) and they odor Amazing.
They’re nontoxic created of coconut wax and $30 every. I love them. Thank you, Deb! Also, you need to stick to Deb’s home Instagram account–it’s SO gorgeous!
3. On currently being a parent and journey:
I have traveled rather a little bit with out June due to the fact starting to be a mother and was reminded of a person of the best elements of being a mother or father returning home from Lisbon: you’re never unhappy to occur residence from vacation any longer. As anyone who would often get sad at the tail-conclude of a vacation due to the fact it was pretty much around, it is definitely awesome to be similarly as enthusiastic to appear home to see your newborn as you were to go on trip in the 1st area!
4. Speaking of, I know I just bought residence but the impending drizzly climate has me itching to approach a vacation to Florida.
We generally constantly go to Ft. Lauderdale and hoping to sneak down there at least at the time right before our excursion in the spring. We’re arranging to do the similar detail we did final calendar year in leasing a friends condo for the month of March (splitting time with Neal’s parents—so we’d take two months and they’ll get two months or a thing along all those lines). Fingers crossed we can get there in December or January although. (FYI, the Hilton correct on the beach is really family members pleasant, we have stayed there a few moments!)
5. 1 of my most loved meals in Lisbon was this Greek cafe that has me craving Greek food, so Greek rooster bowls have been in the rotation a ton lately!
June enjoys them much too! (Properly, minus the salad element. I can’t say she’s large on salad.)
6. Speaking of Mediterranean meals, I went to Lyra for dinner a couple months back with girlfriends and it was so good.
Very hugely propose if you are wanting for a terrific place in the west loop. Its very energetic and pleasurable ambiance and I believe it would be terrific for a day. There’s a wine and piano bar down the avenue termed Grapes & Grains that would be great for a nightcap!
7. Talking of great restaurants, I’m dying to get again to Armitage Alehouse.
Neal hasn’t been nevertheless (I have only been the moment) but it is SO cool—the decor is like a lovely aged English pub with elevated Indian fusion food items.
8. Did you see Blondo came out with the Sierra boot in a gorgeous darkish chocolate brown? 👀
Chocolate brown water resistant suede super comfortable tall boots Yes Be sure to. (I find them TTS. Truly the best boots!) Also, I just realized Tuckernuck carries the Velma (extremely similar version, I have owned both more than the several years) in chestnut tan!
9. My task for this week:
I requested a bunch of vintage South Shore Line posters for our hallway, and I want to get them hung! The South Shore Line is the coach that runs from Chicago to Northwest Indiana (which include Beverly Shores, where Neal’s family’s lake property is!) and they produced a bunch of posters to encourage tourism again in the 1920’s. There are a great deal of truly great kinds and I thought it would be a superior use of the incredibly blank place in our extended slim hallway! (Ultimately finding artwork on the walls, you know, 6 years afterwards.)
10. Outdated Navy arrived out with new “Built in Warm” denims!!!
And they’re 30% off proper now! I Stay in these jeans for the duration of the coldest winter season months–they’re lined with a lightweight fleecy product and are so much warmer than normal trousers, but they really don’t make you overheat within! I have two of their Rockstar skinny variations (which are good for tall boots) but I just requested a few of their straight leg designs to take a look at out, also.